Michael D. Ponce grew up in Portland, Tennessee. He earned his bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in business administration from Suffolk University in Boston. He went on to study law at Tulane University Law School, where he graduated cum laude.
Admitted to practice law in Tennessee and Colorado, Michael is also admitted to practice in all state courts, the Tennessee Supreme Court, all Tennessee Federal District Courts, and the United States 6th Circuit Court of Appeals. In 2013, he was sworn in as a member of the U.S. Supreme Court Bar.
Before founding Ponce Law in 1993, Michael was a law clerk to Hon. Judge John Wisdom for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in New Orleans. Michael now devotes his legal practice to a variety of personal injury areas, such as workers’ compensation, employment law, immigration law, and trucking accidents.
Michael is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association and Nashville Bar Association. He’s board certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education, as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and a as Civil Pretrial Advocate by the National Board of Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy. Michael is also a member of the American Association for Justice, American Bar Association, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association.
Outside of the office, Michael is a Boy Scout Leader for Troop 157 in Hendersonville, Tennessee. He’s also active at St. Timothy Lutheran Church, and he is a longtime supporter of Goodlettsville Help Center, the Sumner County Humane Society, the Nashville Rescue Mission, and Room in the Inn. Additionally, Michael is a member of the Better Business Bureau and the Goodlettsville Chamber of Commerce.
- Suffolk University, B.S., communications and biology
- Suffolk University, M.B.A.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Tulane University, Environmental Law Specialist
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- National Board of Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Circle of Advocates
Organizations and Activities
- Better Business Bureau
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 157, Troop Leader
- Goodlettsville Chamber of Commerce
- Goodlettsville Help Center
- Humane Society of Sumner County
- St. Timothy Lutheran Church
- Nashville Rescue Mission
- Room in the Inn
- Michael has been listed in Mid-South Tennessee Super Lawyers® since 2007.
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award
- 2014 BBB Torch Award nominee
- Protect & Defend
- Damages in Tennessee Civil Trial Practice
- Auto Accident Evidence and Reconstruction
- Balancing Ethics and Professionalism in the Law