Brian Dunigan is from Hendersonville, Tennessee. He graduated cum laude from Volunteer State Community College with an associate degree in natural resource management, and went on to obtain his bachelor’s degree in English from Cumberland University. Brian earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Tennessee College of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude.
Admitted to practice law in Tennessee in 2000, Brian was a law clerk for Hon. Justice Adolpho A. Birch of the Tennessee Supreme Court. He joined Ponce Law in 2002, where he focuses his legal practice on the areas of personal injury, wrongful death, workers’ compensation, and appellate law. He is admitted to practice law in all Tennessee Federal District Courts.
Brian is a member of the Tennessee Association for Justice. He is proud to have been granted an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating™ by Martindale-Hubbell®, the leading independent attorney rating organization. The AV Preeminent Rating is the highest rating recognized by Martindale-Hubbell, and signifies that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence. Only a small percentage of attorneys nationwide receive the AV Preeminent Rating.
He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious group of the top trial lawyers in the United States whose membership is limited to lawyers who have received million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of their clients.
Outside of the office, Brian is an avid angler and outdoorsman who loves spending time on Tennessee’s waterways. He’s a member of the Cumberland chapter of Trout Unlimited. When he’s not on the water, you can find Brian putting the “music” in music city—he plays guitar, banjo, mandolin, and bass guitar.
- Volunteer State Community College, A.S., cum laude, Natural Resource Management
- Cumberland University, B.A., cum laude, English
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- Tennessee Law Review, Publication Editor
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Organizations and Activities
- Trout Unlimited — Cumberland Chapter
Awards & Ratings
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated™, Martindale-Hubbell, 2014
- Cumberland University Young Alumnus Award, 2002