May 15th, 2019
In just a few short years, rideshare services and vehicles have become ubiquitous in cities and towns throughout the country. Due to their smartphone apps and GPS tracking, they make getting around town more convenient and seamless. However, riders still face risks when they get in rideshare vehicles, especially when drivers are negligent.
Rideshare drivers are often focused on getting their passengers to their destination as quickly as possible to maximize their earnings. While that may be desirable for many passengers, it can also put them in danger. At Ponce Law, our Nashville auto accident lawyers represent people who are hurt in auto accidents that weren’t their fault—including rideshare customers who were hurt in the following types of crashes:
- Crashes caused by rideshare drivers—In addition to speeding, rideshare drivers may also be distracted by their smartphones, their stereos, conversations with passengers, or scheduling additional pickups. When rideshare drivers’ negligence results in accidents, they should be held accountable.
- Crashes caused by other drivers—Rideshare passengers face risks even when their drivers are safety-conscious. That’s because other drivers may be careless and cause serious crashes involving rideshare vehicles and other cars, trucks, and SUVs.
At Ponce Law, we believe that all innocent auto accident victims deserve maximum compensation for their crash-related expenses, regardless of who caused the accidents. Call us today for a free consultation.
May 8th, 2019
Despite spending millions of dollars every year on advertising campaigns that are designed to convince people that they have their best interests in mind, insurance companies have one goal—protecting their own profits. Unfortunately, raking in big profits and paying out fair settlements to victims don’t go hand in hand, and that means people who need compensation after accidents often face uphill battles.
Insurance companies protect their profits via large teams of adjusters who get in contact with victims soon after their accidents. Their job is to either deny victims’ settlements or get them to accept lowball settlements that don’t pay nearly enough to cover their medical bills and lost wages.
If you were recently injured in an auto accident, it’s important to know that the insurance company will go to great lengths to avoid paying you the money you deserve. Here are a few pitfalls to keep in mind when talking to the insurance company:
- Stick to the facts of what happened—Insurance adjusters often get victims to talk candidly about their accidents in an effort to extract more information from them, including admissions of guilt. Sticking to the facts can help you protect your claim.
- Don’t accept a settlement without speaking to a lawyer—Insurance companies know that victims need money right away after their accidents. That’s why they offer lowball settlements in the days or weeks after crashes. When victims accept those settlements, they may be unable to pursue additional compensation.
The Nashville auto accident attorneys at Ponce Law are here for you after your crash. Let us handle the insurance company while you focus on getting better. Call today.
September 12th, 2018
All adults have a duty of care that they assume in a wide variety of situations and circumstances. From driving a vehicle and walking a dog, to safeguarding a home and protecting coworkers and employees, many people are responsible for protecting others directly or indirectly on a regular basis.
When people fail to uphold that duty of care, they can be held liable for any injuries or damages that occur. At Ponce Law, our Nashville personal injury lawyers fight for the rights of anyone who was hurt through no fault of their own. We make it our goal to help victims get maximum compensation for their accident-related expenses, including medical bills and lost wages.
Regardless of their cause, injuries caused by another person’s or party’s negligence can be both painful and disabling. You may be out of work for weeks, months, or even years—all while facing expensive medical bills and rehabilitation costs that you can’t afford.
Our law firm believes that innocent victims shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for the expenses they incurred as a result of someone else’s carelessness. That’s why we take an aggressive approach when it comes to getting maximum compensation for our clients.
The sooner you call our law firm after an injury that wasn’t your fault, the better. Evidence can quickly disappear and statutes of limitations can expire. We’re here to help, and we’re ready to get to work for you and your loved ones. Call today for a free consultation.
December 20th, 2017
As of early November 2017, 19 pedestrians were fatally injured in Nashville, making it the deadliest year on record for pedestrian accidents in Music City. In response, Walk Bike Nashville partnered with the Tennessee Highway Safety Office (THSO) to help make streets, sidewalks, and crosswalks safer for pedestrians throughout the city.
While Nashville pedestrian accidents have claimed 19 lives this year so far, 280 people have been struck by vehicles in Davidson County in 2017. The THSO says the large number of pedestrian accidents can be partially attributed to the increase in population. Many pedestrian accidents in Nashville occur on busy roads, including Gallatin Road, where 10 fatal pedestrian accidents occurred between 2012 and 2016.
At Ponce Law, we want to help keep those in our community safe. You can reduce your risks of being involved in a pedestrian accident by:
- Crossing the street at crosswalks – Most pedestrian accidents occur at intersections or when pedestrians attempt to cross the street. Crossing only at a crosswalk helps you reduce your risks, but be sure to wait until you get a “walk” signal before crossing the street.
- Avoiding distractions – Distracted driving is an epidemic that claims thousands of lives every year, but distractions aren’t just dangerous behind the wheel—they’re also dangerous to people getting around on foot. Avoid looking at your phone or listening to music while you walk to stay alert and aware of your surroundings.
Drivers also must do their part to avoid accidents, but they don’t always err on the side of caution. If you or someone you love was hurt by a negligent driver while walking in Middle Tennessee, we want to help you. Call the Nashville pedestrian accident lawyers at Ponce Law today for a free consultation.
November 22nd, 2017
If you were recently injured in a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, or any other type of accident, you may feel anxious and isolated. It’s normal to want to share your experience with others during such a distressing time. But it’s important to remember that discussing the details of your accident can potentially put your future in jeopardy, especially if you’re pursuing a claim for compensation.
That’s why it’s important to watch what you say after the accident. The best policy is to be honest. But you shouldn’t admit fault or blame yourself for the accident prematurely, as further review may prove that you had no liability.
However, you don’t have to keep the details of your accident completely to yourself. You can trust and lean on the support of the following parties:
- A Nashville personal injury lawyer. Attorneys will need as much information as possible to build a strong claim for you, but they keep all communication strictly confidential.
- Your spouse or other immediate family members. Don’t hold back when talking to your loved ones about your accident, but make sure they know to not share the details about what happened on social media or with their friends and co-workers.
Having a legal advocate on your side is important after an accident or injury, and our legal team wants to protect your rights to compensation. We know how to handle all communication with the insurance company and other parties on your behalf. Call today for a free consultation to find out how Ponce Law can help.
August 11th, 2017
Class is back in session in many school districts in Nashville, and that can mean increased traffic in the mornings and afternoons.
If you pass through school zones during your daily commute, it’s a good time to refresh your knowledge of school zone laws. Driving safely through these areas not only decreases your risk of being involved in an accident, but it also reduces your chances of getting an expensive citation.
Two school zone-related laws that all Tennessee drivers should know include:
- Crossing guards dictate the right of way – Even if you have a green light or otherwise would have the right of way at an intersection, the crossing guard dictates when you’re allowed to move.
- Speed limits are strictly enforced and can vary from school to school – Never assume that all school zones have the same speed limit. All schools and school districts set their own speed limits, and they can range from 5 mph on campuses to 30 mph on adjacent roads.
School zones are vital for helping students get to and from class safely, and local police departments and sheriff’s offices watch them carefully for drivers who violate traffic laws.
Drivers should always be aware of the presence of pedestrians, whether they’re passing through school zones, intersections, or residential areas.
If you or a loved one was hurt by an inattentive driver, the Nashville pedestrian accident lawyers at Ponce Law want to speak with you. We offer free consultations, and our legal team is here to investigate your accident and discuss your options.
July 24th, 2017
If you’ve never needed a lawyer in the past, you may be wondering what it’s like to call a law firm and go through the legal process. We understand that it can seem intimidating for first-time clients, and that’s why we work hard to make every step as easy and hassle-free as possible.
Here’s what you can expect from Ponce Law from the day you call us:
- We’ll listen to your story
No matter how you or your loved one were injured, you can count on our legal intake team and our attorneys to listen to your story and go over your options with you and your family.
- We’ll keep you updated on our progress
It’s our goal to treat our clients like family, and that’s why we’ll stay in frequent contact while we work on your case. You’ll never be in the dark with our family firm on your side.
- We’ll advise you of your options
When it’s time to negotiate with the insurance company, we’ll help you weigh your options, including whether you should take a settlement or take your case to trial.
- We’ll answer your questions and address your concerns
Our legal team is always available to answer any questions and address any concerns you have about your claim and your settlement.
Ready to get started on your path to compensation? Just fill out a free consultation form and our Nashville personal injury lawyers can begin reviewing your case to help you get the best possible results for your claim.
July 17th, 2017
Insurance companies spend millions of dollars every year trying to convince you to trust them. They promise to be there for you in your time of need, no matter what. Their commercials often win advertising awards and trend on social media, so it’s reasonable to assume that they’re being honest about what they’re selling. But consider this: how many times have you heard someone tell a good story (outside of a commercial) about an insurance company?
The answer is probably never. That’s remarkable, considering how much time and attention insurance companies spend trying to convince folks how trustworthy they are. But it’s rare to hear people rave about how great their insurance company is. The reality is insurance companies are in the business of making money, and they do that by taking your premiums every month and minimizing your claims when they come in. Doesn’t sound like someone you can trust, does it?
At Ponce Law, we help injury victims get the compensation they deserve from the insurance company. You might say we keep them honest. We believe that if a company is going to spend millions telling their customers how great they are, they should back it up with their actions. And if they don’t, they can expect a call from Ponce Law. Our Nashville personal injury lawyers are ready to hold them accountable.
July 12th, 2017
Choosing the right law firm may be essential to maximizing your injury claim. At Ponce Law, you’ll never hear us compare ourselves to other law firms, but the truth is, we don’t have to. We’ve found over the years that if you treat people like family and do your best for every client, your firm gets a reputation. That reputation is built and sustained by the hundreds of satisfied clients we’ve served over the years. Check out our testimonials page to hear from several of them right now.
Beyond our reputation, there is another reason you should choose Ponce Law to represent you and your family in your injury claim. We don’t believe in settling for less than you deserve. One of the fundamental beliefs that drives our practice is everyone deserves justice for what they’ve been through. Often times, justice isn’t obtained in a conveniently short time. It takes dedication, diligence, and decisive action to maximize an injury claim, and often it can’t be obtained through negotiations with the insurance company. At Ponce Law, we’re not afraid to take the insurance company to court if their settlement offer is too low. Our clients deserve maximum compensation, and that’s exactly what we’ll go after for you as well.
If you’ve been injured, call the experienced Nashville personal injury lawyers at Ponce Law today for a free consultation. We’ll review your case at no cost or obligation. Contact us today.
June 26th, 2017
If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you need to call a lawyer. Plain and simple. But how do you know which personal injury law firm to call in Nashville? That’s a great question. You’ll never hear us say we’re any better or more qualified than any other firm, but we can tell you why we think you should call us.
- We have experience. We’ve been helping injured folks in Nashville for more than two decades. In that time, we’ve secured millions of dollars for our clients, and we’re not slowing down anytime soon.
- We handle a variety of case types. If you’ve been injured in Nashville, chances are we handle cases similar to yours. From car accidents to product liability cases, our team of experienced Nashville personal injury lawyers can probably help.
- We won’t settle for less. We know how to determine what you case is truly worth, and we won’t settle for less than you deserve. That means taking the insurance company to court if we have to. Your family’s financial future is worth it.
If you’ve been injured, call our experienced Nashville personal injury lawyers for a free consultation. We’ll review your case for absolutely free with no obligation to become a client. If you become a client, you’ll get our No Fee Guarantee®, which means you won’t pay us anything unless we get money for you. Contact us today.