According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to be killed in an accident than passenger cars. With that level of risk, it’s important to put safety first when climbing on your motorcycle.
Here are our top 5 safety tips for motorcyclists:
- Take a motorcycle safety course—Before getting out on the open road, it’s worthwhile to take a motorcycle safety course. These programs not only teach you the basics of how to operate your motorcycle but provide you with essential strategies for avoiding accidents.
- Get the right protective gear—Always wear a helmet, a riding jacket, and the proper footwear when operating a motorcycle. It can make all the difference if you have to lay your bike down.
- Leave enough space—When riding on a Nashville highway or in town, always give yourself plenty of space between you and other cars. An extra five feet between you and the car in front of you could save your life.
- Look twice—Before pulling out at an intersection, always look twice to confirm the path you’re taking is all clear.
- Avoid distractions—Distracted driving puts your life in danger, as well as those around you. Never fiddle with your phone, listen to music, or attempt to eat or drink while riding. Those things can wait until you’ve safely reached your destination.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, call the Nashville motorcycle lawyers at Ponce Law today for a free consultation with no obligation. We’ll do everything we can to help you get the compensation you deserve.