Making the decision to place a loved one in assisted care is one of the toughest decisions you’ll ever have to make. In a perfect world, you’d take care of all their needs yourself, but sometimes that’s just not possible. They need professional care, and they need it around the clock. So you make the best choice you possibly can on a nursing home you can trust.
At that nursing home, you expect your loved one to receive a certain level of care and for their needs to be fully met at all times. Unfortunately, some nursing home facilities fail to live up to those expectations, leaving your loved one in a compromising position.
Nursing home abuse or neglect can come in many forms. Recognizing the signs of such abuse early is important for your loved one’s safety, such as:
- Bruises, bedsores, and abrasions on the skin
- Untreated wounds
- Weakness due to malnutrition
- Excessive or rapid weight loss
- Staff members’ inability to explain an injury
- Fear of doctors or nursing home staff
- Sudden changes in medication
- Lack of proper heating and cooling in facilities
- Poor supervision and allowing residents to wander off property
- Staff members refusing to allow visitors
- Poor hygiene
- Abnormally pale complexion
- Broken or missing personal items
- Strong odors of urine or feces
- Mold, mildew, or dirt in common areas or the resident’s room
If you suspect your loved one has been the victim of nursing home neglect or abuse, contact us immediately. Our experienced Nashville nursing home abuse lawyers will work swiftly to secure your loved one’s safety, as well as protect their rights to compensation. There’s help in Nashville for nursing home abuse victims, so contact us today.