Doing what’s best for our aging loved ones sometimes means making tough decisions. The toughest of those decisions comes when you realize they need round-the-clock care to ensure their safety and wellbeing. When that time comes, we try to find the best facility possible to handle their care. Once we do, we put our trust in that facility to provide our loved one with dignity and respect. Unfortunately, thousands of reports of nursing home neglect and abuse surface every single year, leaving many families worried that it could happen to their loved one.
Here are 10 commons signs that your loved one may be experiencing nursing home neglect or abuse:
- Abnormally pale complexion
- Bruises in a pattern that would suggest restraints
- Excessive and sudden weight loss
- Fleas, lice, or dirt on resident or in resident’s room
- Poor personal hygiene or other unattended health problems
- Torn clothing or broken personal items
- Odors of urine or feces
- Untreated wounds, cuts, bruises, or welts
- Constant anxiety and/or fear
If you believe your loved one has been the victim of nursing home neglect or abuse, we may be able to help. Our team of investigators will work to uncover any evidence of abuse and work to hold the responsible parties accountable. Your loved one has rights as a nursing home resident, and we’ll do everything within our power to protect them. Give our experienced Nashville nursing home abuse attorneys a call today for a free consultation.