In Nashville, we have some of the best nursing home communities in the South. This a positive thing, as the decision to put a loved one in an assisted care facility can be one of the toughest you’ll ever have to make. You want your loved one to be treated with respect and dignity, as well as have everything they need to live a full and vibrant final chapter of their lives. Unfortunately, that doesn’t always happen.
If we’ve learned anything from handling nursing home abuse cases all over the state of Tennessee, it’s this: abuse can take place in any facility given the right conditions. It only takes one negligent attendee, operational snafu, or miscommunication to compromise your loved one’s rights or safety.
Some common signs of neglect or abuse include:
- Bruises, bedsores, and abrasions on the skin
- Untreated wounds
- Weakness due to malnutrition
- Excessive or rapid weight loss
- Staff members’ inability to explain an injury
- Fear of doctors or nursing home staff
- Sudden changes in medication
- Lack of proper heating and cooling in facilities
- Poor supervision and allowing residents to wander off property
- Staff members refusing to allow visitors
- Poor hygiene
- Abnormally pale complexion
- Broken or missing personal items
- Strong odors of urine or feces
- Mold, mildew, or dirt in common areas or the resident’s room
If you believe your loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, give us a call immediately. Our Nashville nursing home abuse attorneys will investigate your loved one’s injuries and hold the responsible parties accountable. Call today for a free consultation, and let us begin protecting your loved one’s rights today.