Our law firm is committed to obtaining the best possible results for our clients, and we want to help prepare a successful premises liability claim on your behalf. So don’t wait, our legal staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Just dial (800) 363-9113 or fill out a free initial consultation form.
What is a Premises Liability Injury?
Injury victims can file premise liability claims for injuries that happened on other people’s property due to the property owners’ negligence.. Normally this means the property owners didn’t take reasonable measures to remove dangerous conditions, such as keeping sidewalks free of tripping hazards, or didn’t warn visitors to their properties about dangerous conditions, such as putting out a wet floor sign.
Examples of premises liability injuries include:
- Slipping on a wet floor
- Being hit by falling objects
- Tripping on broken stairs, uneven surfaces, or loose carpeting
- Injuries resulting from fire safety and building code violations
- Injuries resulting from lack of or insufficient security
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Injury in Goodlettsville, TN
Our Goodlettsville slip and fall attorneys recommend that you follow these four simple steps if you are injured due to a property owner’s negligence:
- Notify the property owner or manager that you’ve been injured on the premises.
- Fill out a report or statement with a staff member on duty and take a copy for your records.
- Get medical treatment for your injuries as soon as possible.
- Contact a slip and fall lawyer at Ponce Law.
We can help you get the compensation you need to cover your accident-related expenses. We’ll investigate your claim, assist with your paperwork, and negotiate with the insurance companies, so you can concentrate on getting better.
Compensation Available for Slip and Fall Victims
After a slip and fall accident, or other type of premises liability injury in Goodlettsville, TN, accident victims may be qualified for several different kinds of damages for the harm caused to them by the property owner’s negligence. These may include:
- Medical expenses related to the injury
- Lost wages, if the victim needed to take time off work for treatment or if the injury left the victim unable to work
- Compensation for the victim’s physical pain and emotional distress
How Long Do I Have to File a Premises Liability Claim in Tennessee?
Injury victims have only one year in which to file a lawsuit after an accident on someone else’s property, per state law. Anyone attempting to file a lawsuit past one year from the date of the injury will have their claim denied.
A year may seem like a long time, but the severity of your injuries may not become apparent until long after the injury first occurred. If your medical bills begin to increase and you decide you need to file for compensation, you cannot afford to miss this deadline.
That’s why we recommend getting your injuries evaluated by a medical professional and contacting a Goodlettsville personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident that results in an injury, no matter how minor the injury may seem.
Legal Help You Can Trust
Premises liability claims often involve negotiations with insurance adjusters. Insurance adjusters are skilled professionals hired to protect insurance company profits. Don’t let them decide what your claim is worth—call our law firm serving Goodlettsville, TN today. We have the experience to push back on the big insurance companies to help you get the full amount of compensation you deserve.