Michael grew up in Portland, Tennessee. He has been married for over 28 years to his wife Kim and has two sons, Michael and Alex. Michael has a bachelor’s degree in biology and a Master of Business Administration from Suffolk University in Boston. He also graduated with honors from Tulane University Law School in New Orleans.
Michael opened his own law firm in 1994. Awards include 2019 Superior Rating by Avvo, 2020 Martindale Hubble Platinum Award, Million Dollar Circle of Advocates Award, Super Lawyer recognition, Tennessean readers’ poll choice of “Best Local Lawyer,” and he is a Certified Civil Trial Specialist.
In the 27 years that Michael has practiced law, he is often asked: “Do I need an attorney?” Here is his response. “People often tell me that the insurance adjuster, or the insurance attorney, has told them that they don’t need an attorney. I tell them that when the insurance company tells you that you don’t need an attorney, you need an attorney. The insurance company itself hires hundreds of attorneys to protect its interests.”
When asked what is the best legal advice that you can give, Michael responded, “If it’s not in writing, it didn’t happen. I emphasize to my clients the importance of documentation that will allow us to prove their cases and get them the best recovery.”
Michael is very calm under pressure. When Michael was in college, he was a biology major and was able to participate in a special marine biology program in Hawaii. One day as he was floating in the water studying the growth of the coral reef, a hammerhead shark swam up. Michael was surrounded by coral, which is very sharp and can cut you easily. Swimming away or climbing on the coral was not an option. Michael stayed calm and kept an eye on the shark. He waited out the shark and was unscathed when he later swam to shore.
Get in Touch With Me
400 Professional Park Dr.
Goodlettsville, TN 37072
- Suffolk University, B.S., communications and biology
- Suffolk University, M.B.A.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Tulane University, Environmental Law Specialist
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- National Board of Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Circle of Advocates
Organizations and Activities
- Better Business Bureau
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 157, Troop Leader
- Goodlettsville Chamber of Commerce
- Goodlettsville Help Center
- Humane Society of Sumner County
- St. Timothy Lutheran Church
- Nashville Rescue Mission
- Room in the Inn
- Michael has been listed in Mid-South Tennessee Super Lawyers® since 2007.
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award
- 2014 BBB Torch Award nominee
- Named “Best Lawyer” by the Tennessean Newspaper.
- Winner of the Middle Tennessee Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Ethical Commerce.
- Winner of the 2020 Martindale-Hubble Client Champion Platinum Award.
- Voted “Best Law Firm” in the Best of Music City Tennessean readers poll.
- Winner of the Million Dollar Circle of Advocates Award
- 2019 Super Rating by Avvo
- Michael is a Certified Civil Trial Specialist
- Protect & Defend
- Damages in Tennessee Civil Trial Practice
- Auto Accident Evidence and Reconstruction
- Balancing Ethics and Professionalism in the Law