The best way to honor our aging loved ones is to provide them with the comfort and dignity they deserve. For many of us, that means securing around-the-clock attention at an assisted care facility. We select the best facility our loved one can afford and expect they will be provided exceptional care. Unfortunately, abuse and neglect can take place even in the best of facilities.
As a nursing home resident, your aging loved one has rights. Those rights include:
- The right to be treated with dignity and respect
- The right to be informed of medical treatments and drug therapies
- The right to manage personal finances and wills
- The right to privacy from other residents and staff members
- The right to keep personal belongings
- The right to refuse medical procedures and medications
- The right to choose activities in daily schedules
- The right to a safe and comfortable environment
If your loved one has been denied any of the above rights, call our Nashville nursing home abuse lawyers today for a free consultation. We’ll protect your loved one’s rights and help ensure their facility provides the professional care it’s supposed to. Contact us today.