July 2nd, 2020|
NASHVILLE, TN – A lawsuit has been filed regarding an apartment fire that killed two brothers in Nashville last year, according to a report by WKRN.
24-year-old Jamarcus Carney and 20-year-old Cedric Fitzgerald died in the blaze that broke out just before 3 a.m. on June 29, 2019 at a housing complex on Edgehill Avenue and 14th Avenue.
The family of the two victims has filed a lawsuit against Metro Nashville, citing deficiencies that posed potential safety hazards at the complex, including code violations. Among the problems cited were smoke detectors and alarms that were not functioning or were functioning improperly.
If you were hurt or if you lost a loved one in a collision in Nashville, contact Ponce Law right away for help. Our Nashville wrongful death lawyers have more than 25 years of experience helping people like you get the justice and fair compensation they deserve when someone else’s negligence causes them harm. Call us at (844) 204-6765 or reach out to us online. We’re available 24/7 to take your call.
October 23rd, 2015|
Halloween is just around the corner, and one of the best ways to get into the spooky spirit is to enjoy one of the many haunted houses around Music City. However, the Nashville slip and fall lawyers at Ponce Law point out to patrons that making your way through dark mazes and hallways filled with ghouls can also present safety hazards.
Luckily, there are regulations in place for haunted attractions that protect attendees. WKRN 2 News recently released a report on the subject and offered insight into what haunted houses in our area go through to operate safely.
Stacey Dixon, the owner of one local attraction, explained an inspector certified her facility after meeting numerous safety regulations. These include:
- Installing safety markers
- Marking fire exits
- Hiring licensed employees to operate special effects
- Equipping facilities with fire sprinklers and security cameras
Dixon added that as a safety enhancement, her staff will also assist patrons to an exit if necessary.
Experts encourage those attending haunted houses to report any suspected safety violations to the State Fire Marshall’s Office or local code enforcement authorities.
The legal staff at Ponce Law recognizes the importance of safety regulations, and our Nashville personal injury lawyers appreciate the efforts being made to keep local haunted attractions safe.
January 23rd, 2015|
Property owners are held accountable for protecting the health and safety of guests. Too often though, property owners failure to perform maintenance results in individuals being seriously harmed.
Such a Tennessee premises liability issue has come to light after guests of a local Middle Tennessee hotel became ill after swimming in the facility’s pool. Reports indicate there are approximately one dozen victims.
According to an article from ABC 2 News, two groups of children were staying at the Mt. Juliet hotel as part of a birthday celebration. Both groups swam in the pool and the next day, those who entered the body of water began to notice red bumps developing on their skin.
The bumps quickly became painful and filled with fluid, prompting some victims to seek medical treatment. Doctors diagnosed the condition as folliculitis—a bacterial skin infection. The bacteria are prone to be present in swimming pools that are not properly maintained.
The hotel responded to the allegations by saying they had passed all recent safety inspections and denied any wrongdoing in the incident.
When such a Tennessee premises liability dispute arises, the Nashville personal injury attorneys from Ponce Law are here to help. We can be reached at (800) 363-9113 anytime—day or night.
January 6th, 2014|
January 3, 2014
Property owners have a responsibility to protect the safety of visitors. Any failure to do so may result in an injured victim or their family seeking compensation through civil litigation. The Nashville Premise Liability Lawyers with Ponce Law explain that Walmart is facing a premises liability lawsuit after a shopper was injured in the parking lot of their store in Red Bank, Tennessee.
According to an article from the Claims Journal, the victim was in her car when another vehicle backed into hers, leaving her seriously injured. The woman responsible for the accident was earlier refused service at the store’s pharmacy because she was intoxicated.
The victim later filed suit against the retailer, claiming their failure to prevent the intoxicated woman from driving away from the store was responsible for her injuries. A jury disagreed, but the decision was reversed onWednesday by the Tennessee Supreme Court. Judges ruled there was enough evidence in the case to prevent it from being dismissed, as the courts had previously ruled.
The Nashville Personal Injury Lawyers with Michael D. Ponce & Associates recognize how difficult it can be to overcome injuries caused by unforeseen accidents. That’s why the firm is hopeful a decision in this most recent case will bring a sense of closure to the victim.